欢迎书友访问新御书屋
首页毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 03 医疗保健

03 医疗保健

    03 医疗保健
    减肥不只是口号
    dialogue
    susan is complaining in the ofi ce that sh bought a dress yesterday but she found it was hard to dress up.
    苏珊在办公室抱怨她昨天刚买的裙子很难穿得上。
    amy: you are heavier than you used to be,aren't you?
    艾米:你比过去胖多了,不是吗?
    susan: yes, i know. i am getting fat. i want to lose weight but i just couldn't help eating much food.
    苏珊:是的,我知道。我发胖了。我想要减肥,但是我就是忍不住想吃。
    amy: what did you eat?
    艾米:你都吃些什么?
    susan: junk food, like pizza, hamburger,and ice cream and so on, you know.
    苏珊:你知道的,比如比萨、汉堡包、冰淇淋等,都是些垃圾食品。
    amy: if you want to lose weight, the point is that you should resist your eating desire and keep doing exercise. and no junk food.
    艾米:如果你想减肥,就要少吃多运动。还有不要再吃垃圾食物了。
    susan: then what should i eat?
    苏珊:那我该吃什么?
    amy: more vegetables and fruit. they are rich in vitamins. besides, you need to work out. what sports do you like?
    艾米:多吃些蔬菜和水果,它们富含维生素。还有,你需要锻炼。你喜欢哪种运动?
    susan: i like to play tennis, but it's hard to find a partner here.
    苏珊:我喜欢网球,但是在这儿很难找到球友。
    amy: yes. few people play tennis here.actually, walking up and down the stairs would be also useful for losing weight. you may also go jogging every morning.
    艾米:是啊,几乎没有人打网球。其实,爬楼梯对减肥是很有帮助的。你也可以每天早晨去慢跑。
    susan: great! thank you for your advice.
    苏珊:棒极了!谢谢你的建议。
    amy: that's nothing. but remember that the most important is perseverance.
    艾米:没什么。但要记住,最重要的是要坚持不懈。
    notes
    1. get fat 发胖
    2. lose weight 减肥
    3. junk food 垃圾食品
    4. vitamin [?vit?min] n. 维生素
    5. work out 锻炼;可以解决;做出,计算出
    6. perseverance [?p?:si'vi?r?ns] n. 不屈不挠;毅力, 坚韧不拔
    小贴士
    best tips for dieting
    step 1: don't “go on a diet”; change your diet(不是节食,而是改变饮食习惯)
    step 2: avoid refined sugar(别吃精炼的糖)
    step 3: quick fix diets only work short-term(快速节食只能短期见效)
    step 4: don't eat if you're not hungry(不饿的时候不要吃东西)
    step 5: cut down on alcohol(少喝饮料)
    step 6: some fats are good(一定的脂肪是有益的)
    step 7: get moving — exercise is essential(坚持运动,锻炼必不可少)
    step 8: never skip a meal — especially breakfast(每餐都要吃,尤其是早餐)
    step 9: take time to eat(细嚼慢咽)
    step 10: drink plenty of water(多喝水)
    step 11: eat five portions of fruit and vegetables per day(每天吃5份水果和蔬菜)
    step 12: have many meals but little food at each(少吃多餐)
    挂号缴费有耐心
    dialogue
    julie had a heavy cold yesterday and was coughing all the morning in the company. she had to ask for leave to see a doctor. and now she is in a hospital.
    朱莉昨天得了重感冒,在公司里一上午都不停地咳嗽。她不得不请假去看医生。现在她正在医院里。
    julie: excuse me, where shall i register,please?
    朱莉:打扰了,请问在哪儿挂号?
    nurse: go straight along this road and make a left turn in the end of the road.
    护士:沿着这条路走,在路的尽头左拐就到了。
    julie: thank you.
    朱莉:谢谢。
    (a few moment later)
    (过了一会儿)
    julie: is this the registration office?
    朱莉:请问这是挂号处吗?
    nurse: yes, it is. please queue up to register. which department for?
    护士:是的。请排队挂号。你要看哪个科室?
    julie: i don't know exactly.
    朱莉:我其实也不知道。
    nurse: please tell me your illness so that i can tell you which department you can register with.
    护士:请告诉我你的病情,我也好告诉你挂哪个科室的号。
    julie: i've got a sore throat, a runny nose,and cough.
    朱莉:我嗓子疼,流鼻涕,还咳嗽。
    nurse: ok, i will register you with medical department. please register your information here and pay for it. and i'll make a medical record for you.
    护士:好的,我帮你挂内科。请在这儿登记信息并交费。我会给你写一份病历。
    julie: ok. how much do i need to pay for the registration?
    朱莉:好的。我需要付多少钱挂号费?
    nurse: you need to pay 5 yuan for the registration.
    护士:需要付5元钱。
    julie: here is the money.
    朱莉:给你。
    nurse: this is your registration card. please don't lose it and bring it whenever you come.
    护士:这是你的挂号卡。请不要遗失,每次来时带着它。
    julie: yes, i will. but can you tell me how to get to the medical department?
    朱莉:好的,我会带的。请问到内科怎么走?
    nurse: it's on the second floor.
    护士:在二楼。
    julie: thank you.
    朱莉:谢谢。
    notes
    1. have a cold 患感冒
    2. queue up 排队
    3. sore [s?:] adj. 疼痛的,痛心的;恼火的;严重的;n. 痛处,伤口
    4. medical department 内科;医务室
    5. medical record 病历卡;病史档案
    小贴士
    1. which department do you want to register with?
    您要挂哪个科室的号?
    2. have you got a registration card?
    您有诊疗卡吗?
    3. do you have medicine insurance? or will you pay for this yourself?
    您有医疗保险吗?还是自费?
    4. do you want to see a specialist or an ordinary doctor?
    您要挂专家号还是普通号?
    5. have you ever registered with dr. smith before?
    你之前挂过史密斯医生的号吗?
    6. do i need to pay my registered fee here?
    我需要在这里付挂号费吗?
    7. do i need to register again if i ask for a transfer?
    如果我要求转科室的话需要再来挂号吗?
    8. i'd like to get specialist treatment.
    我想看专家门诊。
    医生面前如实答
    dialogue
    tony is seeing a doctor in a hospital.
    托尼正在一家医院看病。
    tony: good morning, doctor.
    托尼:早上好,医生。
    doctor: good morning. what's the matter with you?
    医生:早上好。你哪儿不舒服?
    tony: i'm suffering from insomnia.
    托尼:我有失眠的症状。
    doctor: how long have you been like this?
    医生:这种情况有多久了?
    tony: more than a month.
    托尼:一个多月了。
    doctor: have you taken any medicine?
    医生:吃过药了吗?
    tony: i tried some sleeping pills, but they are of no effect to me.
    托尼:试过安眠药,但是不起作用。
    doctor: do you have a pain in the head?
    医生:有头痛的情况吗?
    tony: sometimes. i feel exhausted and drowsy most of the time.
    托尼:有时候有。我大部分时间都觉得非常疲倦,昏昏欲睡的。
    doctor: let me take your blood pressure. you look anemic.
    医生:让我量量你的血压。你看起来有点贫血。
    (after taking tony's blood pressure)
    (医生量过托尼的血压后)
    doctor: well, there is nothing to worry about. you are just a little exhausted from overwork.
    医生:嗯,没什么好担心的。你只不过是有点劳累过度。
    tony: then what should i do?
    托尼:那我该怎么做呢?
    doctor: i think you should get more rest. try to get outside and exercise more. remember not to strain yourself too much.
    医生:我想你应该多休息休息,多到户外参加锻炼。记住不要再过度劳累了。
    tony: ok, i'll do as you say.
    托尼:好的,我会照你说的去做。
    doctor: here is the prescription for you. i'm sure the medicine will cure your insomnia.
    医生:这是给你开的处方。我相信这药会治好你的失眠症。
    tony: thank you very much, doctor.
    托尼:太感谢您了,医生。
    notes
    1. insomnia [in's?mni?] n. 失眠,失眠症
    2. sleeping pill 安眠药片
    3. drowsy [?drauzi] adj. 昏昏欲睡的,困倦的
    4. blood pressure 血压
    5. anemic [?'ni:mik] adj. 贫血的,患贫血症的;无活力的
    6. prescription [pris'krip??n] n. 处方,药方;对策
    小贴士
    医院词汇:
    chinese medicine pharmacy 中药房
    clinic area 日间门诊
    intensive care unit(icu) 加护病房
    evening clinic 夜间门诊
    out-patient departments(opd) 各科门诊
    suggestions 民众意见箱
    premature babies 早产儿室
    admissions 住院室
    volunteer services 义工服务台
    clock in / out 打卡刷卡区
    information 服务台(询问处)
    injections 注射室
    treatment room 治疗室
    outpatient hall 门诊大厅
    out-patient 门诊部
    labor room 待产室
    waiting area 候诊区
    sterilization 消毒室
    postpartum care center 产后护理中心
    neonatal ward 新生儿病房
    physicians' lounge 医师休息室
    medicine receiving 取药处
    nursery room / mother and baby room 育婴室
    dept. chief office 科主任办公室
    手术室前莫紧张
    dialogue
    julie's colleague abel got a car accident and was wounded so seriously that he needs an operation immediately. now abel's parents and julie are waiting outside the operating theatre.
    朱莉的同事艾贝尔出了车祸并且受伤很严重,需要马上动手术。现在亚伯的父母和朱莉正在手术室外等着。
    mom: i wonder how the operation is going.i am really worried about abel. how did that happen?
    妈妈:不知道手术进行得怎么样了。我真的很担心艾贝尔。他怎么会发生车祸呢?
    julie: please don't worry about abel. the doctor said he will try all means to save abel. i'm sure everything will be getting on very well during the operation. please sit down and take it easy.
    朱莉:不要太担心艾贝尔了。医生说会尽全力抢救艾贝尔的。我相信手术会很顺利的。坐下来,别紧张。
    mom: i can't help being worried. abel is still in danger. the operation has lasted six hours. i wish the operation was done at once, so i can see my son.
    妈妈:我怎么会不紧张呢。艾贝尔还没脱离危险。手术已经进行6个小时了。真希望手术马上结束,这样我就能看到我的儿子了。
    julie: look! the doctor is coming from the theatre.
    朱莉:看!医生出来了。
    mom: doctor, did the surgery go smoothly?
    妈妈:医生,手术还顺利吧?
    doctor: yeah, the operation was plain sailing. but the patient needs to be placed in the hospital for observation at present.
    医生:是的,手术很顺利。但是病人目前需要住院观察。
    mom: thanks a lot, doctor. thank god.
    妈妈:太感谢了,医生。谢天谢地。
    notes
    1. theatre ['θi?t?] n. 戏院,剧场;手术室;战区
    2. take it easy 别着急,放轻松
    3. plain sailing 一帆风顺,进展顺利
    小贴士
    1. the doctor said it is just a minor operation so you can be easy in your mind about it.
    医生说这只不过是个小手术,因此你可以尽管放心。
    2. take it easy. the doctor who will operate on you is experienced and considerate.
    别担心,给您做手术的医生很有经验,也很有耐心。
    3. deep breath and relax.
    深呼吸,放松。
    4. there is nothing to be alarmed about. we have made a careful plan about the operation.
    不必担心,我们已经做了很详细的手术方案。
    5. you're going to have general anesthesia.
    我们将对您进行全身麻醉。
    6. during the operation you will be senseless with the work of anesthesia. you'll find yourself back in your room after the operation.
    由于麻醉剂的作用手术时你会毫无感觉。手术后,你会发现自己已回到病房了。
    7. dr. smith is in charge of the operation.
    史密斯医生负责这次手术。
    漫谈养生之道
    dialogue
    the weekend is coming. when it's time to get off work, susan asks her colleague julie how she is going to spend this weekend.
    周末到了。下班时,苏珊问同事朱莉打算周末怎么过。
    susan: hey, julie, do you have any plans for the weekend?
    苏珊:嘿,朱莉,你这个周末有什么打算吗?
    julie: not yet. do you have any good ideas?
    朱莉:还没有。你有什么好主意吗?
    susan: what do you think of doing yoga tomorrow?
    苏珊:明天去练瑜伽怎么样?
    julie: come on, susan. you know i have taken up yoga for two years and i do it every day. and now i'd like to do something quite different.
    朱莉:得了,苏珊。你知道的,我已经练瑜伽两年了,并且每天都练的。现在我想尝试一下不一样的东西。
    susan: the yoga i said is not the same thing that you said.
    苏珊:此瑜伽非彼瑜伽。
    julie: what do you mean?
    朱莉:什么意思?
    susan: we often do yoga on land, but the yoga i am referring to now is the water yoga.
    苏珊:我们经常在陆地上做瑜伽,但是我现在说的是水中瑜伽。
    julie: wait, wait. water yoga?
    朱莉:等等,水中瑜伽?
    susan: yeah, it is gaining in popularity in india. in the city of agra, famous for the taj mahal, legions of locals perform their asanas or postures in a pool, which makes it more challenging than on land. and it also improves your buoyancy and flexibility.
    苏珊:是呀,水中瑜伽在印度日渐流行。在以泰姬陵而闻名的阿格拉城,很多当地人热衷于在水池中做瑜伽。在水中做瑜伽比在地面上做难度更大,但它同时可以提高身体的浮力和灵活性。
    julie: oh, it must wear people out.
    朱莉:哦,那一定会很累。
    susan: not so much. water yoga can be performed for much longer than other forms,as the body does not get tired quickly. what's more, water yoga really boosts energy and helps ward off disease.
    苏珊:不会很累。相比于其他形式的瑜伽,在水中做瑜伽不会让身体很快感到疲劳,所以能坚持得更久。而且,水中瑜伽的确能提高体能,祛除疾病。
    julie: it sounds very interesting! okay, let's have a try tomorrow.
    朱莉:听起来很有意思。好吧,我们明天去试试。
    notes
    1. taj mahal 泰姬陵(印度的皇妃墓)
    2. legion ['li:d??n] n. 军团,众多的人;adj. 很多的
    3. asana ['as?n?] n. 瑜珈任何一种姿势
    4. boost [bu:st] v. 提高,增加;鼓励;举起;n. 增加,推进;鼓励
    5. buoyancy ['b?i?nsi] n. 浮力,弹性;心情愉快
    6. wear sb. out 使某人精疲力竭
    7. ward off 避开,防止
    小贴士
    健康饮食——多吃这10种食物抗感冒:
    strawberries, oranges, sweet red peppers and broccoli rich in vitamin c
    富含维生素c的草莓、桔子、甜椒、西兰花
    vitamin c acts as a cell-protecting antioxidant and an immune booster. taking vitamin c might help prevent colds or flu.
    维生素c是一种天然的抗氧化细胞保护成分和免疫增强剂。服用维生素c有助于预防普通感冒和流感。
    chicken soup 鸡汤
    chicken soup has specifically been shown in studies to thin mucus secretions.
    研究表明鸡汤能够减少呼吸道分泌炎性液体。
    garlic 大蒜
    former research found that allicin can help prevent colds as well as shorten their duration.
    已有医学研究证实,服用大蒜素能够预防感冒、缩短感冒病程。
    green tea 绿茶
    green tea contains antioxidants that can help to boost immune function.
    绿茶含有抗氧化剂,可以帮助提高免疫功能。
    lean meats 瘦肉
    zinc is an important mineral that lean red meat and poultry, as well as fish and shellfish provide. zinc nasal sprays and lozenges have been shown to reduce the duration of a cold and the severity of symptoms, but ingesting too much zinc is harmful.
    瘦肉、家禽、鱼类和贝类食物里含有一种重要的矿物质——锌。锌的鼻腔喷雾剂和含片能缩短感冒病程、缓解感冒症状。但是摄入过多的锌是有害的。
    honey 蜂蜜
    honey may reduce cough by coating and soothing an irritated throat.
    蜂蜜附着在咽部可以缓解咽部刺激引起的咳嗽。
    hot peppers 辣椒
    capsaicin in hot peppers that provides the heat and spiciness of the food, can thin mucus, giving you a runny nose to help you breathe better and allow your nasal passages to get rid of germs.
    为食物添味的辣椒中含有辣椒素,辣椒素能够降低鼻粘膜分泌物的粘稠度,方便鼻涕流出,从而让您呼吸更顺畅,还能促进鼻腔内细菌的清除。
    良药苦口利于病
    dialogue
    jane comes to the pharmacy to take some medicine.
    简来到药房抓药。
    jane: good morning, doctor.
    简:早上好,医生。
    chemist: good morning, madam. what can i do for you?
    药剂师:早上好,女士。请问需要我帮忙吗?
    jane: could you fill the prescription for me?
    简:你能给我配药吗?
    chemist: sure. please show me the prescription.
    药剂师:当然可以。请把你的药方给我看一下。
    jane: here you are.
    简:给您。
    chemist: just a moment, please. well, your prescription is ready. take three of these tablets each after dinner and chew a big pill and swallow the bits with water or put one in water to dissolve it. remove the wax before taking it. take them three times a day.
    药剂师:请稍等片刻。好了,您要的药全在这儿了。在饭后服用这些药片,每次3片,咀嚼一个大药丸,并用水冲服,或者将药丸溶化在水里。服用之前去掉外面的蜡皮,每日3次。
    jane: how about this cough syrup?
    简:那这瓶止咳糖浆呢?
    chemist: first shake the bottle. take a scoop of the cough syrup three times a day. instructions on the bottle also tell you how to take it.
    药剂师:先把药瓶摇晃几下。每日3次,每次一勺。这瓶子上的说明书也可以告诉你怎样服用。
    jane: thanks. by the way, does this medicine taste very bitter?
    简:谢谢。顺便问一句,这药苦吗?
    chemist: aha, good medicine for health tastes bitter. i hope you will recover in no time.
    药剂师:啊哈,良药苦口利于病嘛。祝你早日康复。
    jane: thank you very much, doctor.
    简:多谢您,医生。
    notes
    1. prescription [pris'krip??n] n. 处方,药方;对策
    2. cough syrup 止咳糖浆
    3. scoop [sku:p] n. 铲子,勺;穴;独家新闻;v. 挖空, 舀取;抢先报道(获得)
    小贴士
    英语服药及处方的省略语:
    a.c. before meals饭前
    b.i.d. twice daily1天两次
    eod every other day 每隔1天
    noct at night晚上服用
    npo nothing by mouth不能吃东西(禁食)
    p.c. after meals 饭后
    qh every hour每小时一次
    q2h every 2 hours 每两个小时一次
    q.i.d. four times daily1天4次
    stat immediately马上,立刻
    t.i.d. three times daily1天3次
    otc over-the-counter非处方药


同类推荐: 慕山与清梧gl总监她怎么这样?(gl)优质肉棒攻略系统(np高辣文)心头血(高H、双重生、1v1、HE)(影视同人)勾引深情男主(出轨h)失贞(np)圈养爱意(年龄差师生纯百)黑道之骄纵(futa)